One May argue what men enjoy about sex seeing that he spends all his energy during the act for 'harder, harder', making the woman enjoy the act. With critical thinking however, one will discover that the major takeaway from any sexual activity for the man is the feeling of power and ego when he's able to satisfy his woman. Consequently, when men are not able to be the man in his bedroom duties, it evokes a lot of psychological pain which can affect his life and productivity. This inability to perform sexual functions effectively is termed sexual dysfunction SD.
SD manifest in different ways. It may present as weak erection, low libido, premature ejaculation, inability to get erect after the first round or inability to ejaculate. However, whichever way it presents, it is the most embarrassing and heart-wrenching events that can happen to any man.
Weak erection or Erectile Dysfunction, ED, is the inability to achieve or sustain a strong enough erection in order to have a successful penetrative sex. It can be caused by several factors, e.g.
1. Certain health conditions like hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, low testosterone levels or hormonal imbalance, kidney disease and depression
2. Certain prescription medication e.g. Amlodipine for treating hypertension, Escitalopram for depression, hydrochlorothiazide etc.
3. Stress and anxiety
4. Relationship problems
5. Age, sometimes
6. Too much alcohol
7. Tobacco products including cigarettes and marijuana
8. Surgery e.g. prostate surgery
9. Pornography and masturbation
Weak erection is now so common and is no longer an old man's disease. Young men aged 25 to 35 years now presents more for the same issue.
There are various options of treatment available, both drug and non drug. One may need to try out several options before finding one that works for him. There are different herbal and Orthodox drugs available. We shall review different products and answer the question 'is it good for me?'
4 testosterone replacement